Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Kingsport tries to bringManager pay within range

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Kingsport tries to bringManager pay within range

    The Kingsport Board of Mayor and Aldermen voted this week to give City Manager A. Ray Griffin Jr. a 9.2 percent pay raise.

    Griffin, who has been Kingsport's city manager since 1999, earns $111,339 a year.

    On Tuesday, the BMA voted that Griffin's 9.2 percent pay raise would be implemented in two phases - $5,000 on July 1 and $5,211 on Jan. 8, 2006.

    Once implemented, Griffin's salary will be $121,550.

    Mayor Jeanette Blazier said Griffin's raise comes on the recommendation of a consultant who conducted a pay plan survey of all city departments.

    An employee compensation committee - made up of city employees from departments such as parks and recreation, the fire department, public works and the police department - worked on formulating a new pay plan for city employees.

    The committee utilized the Springsted Consulting Group, which compiled a comprehensive salary survey for all positions in the city.

    With the approval Tuesday of the 2006 fiscal year budget, the BMA adopted the new pay plan for city employees, which will bring all city employees' salaries up to market level.

    Blazier said Griffin is being treated just like any other employee.

    "The city manager is the only employee the BMA hires and supervises and sets the salary for. Every year we have one-on-one evaluations with him, and we've done that again," Blazier said. "We're very pleased with the job that he's doing, and from the beginning, when he was hired in 1999, he was hired in under market value. This is the first year that we've been able to bring all of our employees up to market value."

    Blazier said this raise affords the BMA the opportunity to show Griffin its appreciation for the excellent work he has performed.

    "We're pleased to be able to bring him, with 28 years of experience, finally to market," Blazier said. "He was significantly below market, and this will bring him at least to a competitive range. And just as we're paying the increases of all of our other employees in two parts, he'll have a portion effective July 1 and the other portion effective in January.

    "We are treating him no different from the other employees."

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kingsport tries to bringManager pay within range

    He makes so little now I really feel sorry for him. Probably still driving last year's Benz.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Kingsport tries to bringManager pay within range

    I figured some may get a kick out of it. I liked the part we need to bring his salary within range..... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kingsport tries to bringManager pay within range

    He should be within range of mine and see how he likes that [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Kingsport tries to bringManager pay within range

    I'd like to see what the other employees got. If the city manager got $10,000 dollars a year increase for fair market value, i'd like to see what the other employees got. I think all companies and agencies need to use that one companies formula to do raises...... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kingsport tries to bringManager pay within range

    sad thing is, Pals store mangers make 130,000 so the ktown manager isnt quite up to par with the elite just yet. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Kingsport tries to bringManager pay within range

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I'd like to see what the other employees got. If the city manager got $10,000 dollars a year increase for fair market value, i'd like to see what the other employees got. I think all companies and agencies need to use that one companies formula to do raises......

    [/ QUOTE ]
    big2smil
    We didnt get squat! That really P's me off!soapbox That sorry sack of crap gets a raise like that and they dont give us anything. I'm sorry but the guy is worthless! No one that I work with can stand the guy! Man I cant beleive this! They have been giving us a small 2% cost of living raise for the last three years that dont amount to anything! I am just sick of the City of KPT! I'm in a right mind to send him another email but the last time I did I got a lot of trouble and everytime I put in for a promotion they will hire off the street and I have more experiance than anyone they hire! It is the most corrupt place I have ever worked! They can now all kiss my behind! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •